After failing for X number of times (X is a pretty large number), I finally succeeded in getting my muffins to rise perfectly (and not collapse after cooling!)
I made it again 3 times to be REALLY sure they would work. The first was a fluke cos I unknowingly beat my eggs separately. o.o (adapted from this blogspot!)
After 3 successful attempts, this is the recipe with directions! Enjoy!
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line muffin pan with cupcake liner or, if using cupcake paper cups, place cups onto a baking pan.
- Combine flour & baking powder. Sift & set aside.
- In a large bowl, on medium speed of an electric mixer, combine butter, vanilla & salt. Cream until smooth.
- Add 60g of sugar gradually and beat until fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Add in egg yolk and beat for 1 min.
- In another large bowl, on high speed, beat the eggs and 20g sugar till stiff peaks appear.
- Scoop a spoons of the flour and baking powder into the egg mixture and beat till dough like. Then add all the butter mixture and beat till ingredients are fully incorporated. With the mixer still running, add the heavy cream and a few more spoons of floor. Add the milk and remaining flour into the mixer. With each addition, beat until the ingredients are incorporated, taking care not to over beat.
- If you’d like to have extra flavors, add in after the batter has been fully incorporated and continue beating.
- Fill paper cups or muffin pan with batter, 3/4 full.
- Place baking or muffin pan on the middle rack of the oven & bake for about 25 minutes. If you’d like, fill a muffin cup with water and let it bake together with your muffins.
Note:I split the batter into two batches so that I could add bake flavors – chocolate and coffee. I used chocolate powder and instant unsweetened coffee powder. You can add chocolate chips into the mix. Adjust your sugar level accordingly.