Today’s eatventure: Spongecake and Meesua kuay (which will be featured in the next post).
So one fine day I popped into Bake King at Haig Road and I discovered Spongecake pre-mix! For someone who failed to make even a simple cheese cake rise properly, that sure sounds easy.
Here we go.
Adapted from mywoklife
- 200 grams of sponge cake premix (Optima Ready Mix fromBake King brand)
- 3 large eggs
- 50ml mixture of milk + water (about 1/4 small cup)
- 10 gram of butter (1 teaspoon sized)
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla flavour
- 1 teaspoon of ovalette (called it sponge cake gel or sponge cake stabilizer)
- Mix cake premix flour, butter, milk mixture, and eggs into large mixing bowl. Use electrical mixer to beat cake mixture well at medium speed (No. 2), for 8 – 10 minutes.
- Pre-heat oven for 10 minutes, set temperature to 180°C.
- Grease and line a sheet of grease-proof paper evenly on a 8” square or round baking pan. Pour in cake mixture.
- Place baking pan at centre rack. Bake for 30 – 35 min using 180°C (top and bottom heat on), or until toothpick inserted in the centre comes out completely clean.
- Allow cake to cool on wire rack, or flip it the other way round such that the top is sitting on the rack, for about an hour.