It’s CNY bakes time, which means many goodies coming out of the oven, after work when I find time!
Recipe adapted from FC Ng’s, taken from SHC.
130g icing sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
400g all purpose flour
50g corn flour
2 tbsp milk powder
1tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
200g dried cranberry
zest fm about 3/4 of an orange
70g almond flakes (with skin)
1. Beat (A) till fluffy.
2. Add in (B) & mix well.
3. Sift the mixture in C.
4. Fold in (C)&(D) then make into dough.
5. Roll into long dough & wrap with cellophane.
6. Chill till firm or overnight.
7. Remove fr fridge tube by tube. If taken out of the fridge for too long, it will start to soften, making it hard to slice. Sice into thin slices (of about 0.5cm) and arrange it on baking sheet. Space out a little, even though this cookie will not rise, it may still stick to the neighbours if placed too close.
8. Preheat oven to 160°C and bake for 18min. By then if it is still not golden brown, set it to 1-2min more at 200-220°C.
New cookie for the new year! Have fun 🙂