And so it continues…….
It’s the same recipe as the previous entry, except I thought I needed to use more batter for the cake since it’s gonna be fitting into little muffin cups, but turns out, I had too too too many of it.
4th time I’m back to that Durian stall. 4 consecutive days. Epic or what.
But enjoyable eat for those who love durians, nonetheless. I especially love this muffin recipe, cos it produces cakes that are so soft and fluffy.
This recipe produces about 30 mini-muffins. Do cut down if you don’t want/need that many.
Recipe adapted from wendyssw.
35 gm melted butter or oil
25 gm sugar
45 gm milk
85 gm cake flour
1 tbsp durian puree
1 tsp vanilla essence
5 egg whites
50g caster sugar
50g Non-Dairy Whipping cream
150g Durian pulp (or as much as you want to enhance the taste)
Directions for sponge:
1. Mix ingredients in mixture A together till well combined.
2. Whisk egg whites and sugar in Mixture B till near stiff peak
3. Add 1/3 of the whites into the yolk batter. Mix well.
4. Add the yolk batter back into the balance of the whites. Mix carefully not to deflate the air bubbles.
5. Pour into your muffin cups (3/4 full) and bake for 18minutes or till golden brown.
2. Whisk egg whites and sugar in Mixture B till near stiff peak3. Add 1/3 of the whites into the yolk batter. Mix well.4. Add the yolk batter back into the balance of the whites. Mix carefully not to deflate the air bubbles.5. Pour into your muffin cups (3/4 full) and bake for 18minutes or till golden brown.
For Durian Cream:
1. Blend the durian pulp in a food processor. Refrigerate while waiting for the muffin to bake/cool.
2. Beat the whipping cream till stiff peaks.
3. Add the blended durian pulp and mix well.
1. Core the muffins once they are out of the oven and cooled.
2. Pipe the Durian cream into the core (so that the cake can absorb some of the durian flavour through the cream) and on the surface of the muffin for aesthetics purposes.
It was my first time piping, and as you can see, I’m not very good at it. It still looks like I just dumped the cream on top with a spoon.
Ahwell. The taste makes up for the less than pretty looking muffin. 🙂