Random craving at night. Was never a fan of Muah Chee. And I discovered why. The muah chee they sell outside contains a lot more oil than it should. No wonder I get sick of it when I’m just halfway through the serving.
Adapted from a recipe found online, made using only the trusty overworked microwave. (I practically microwaved every component needed for making tonight’s curry for dinner.)
Here, I halved the ingredients needed and quartered the oil required.
Recipe adapted from twice as delicious.
60g glutinous rice flour
1/2 tablespoon of cooking oil
70g of grounded peanut/sugar mix
1. Mix the glutinous rice flour, water and oil together in a microwavable bowl.
2. Pop the bowl into the microwave oven and microwave it for 3mins on high.
3. Put the peanut/sugar mix into another bowl while the glutinous mix is in the microwave.
4. Once out of the microwave, tranfster the lump of sticky white paste/lump onto the peanut mix.
5. Using a scissors, cut the sticky lump (lack a better word to describe it) into small cubes and coat them well with the mix. (use a spoon and put some mix onto the lump with every snip. This helps to ensure that the pieces will not stick to one another after each snip)