I’ve always wondered what they add into our food, and the possibility of recreating condiments from scratch.
Attempt 2 at making homemade condiments.
I made peanut butter about a month back, it was a success. So here we go, some hazel nutty goodness – homemade Nutella.
Bought myself some raw pre-packed hazelnut from Cold Storage, used some existing ingredients at home. Can’t believe it tastes so close to the real deal. The recipe is definitely a keeper.
Recipe adapted from dingoozatfood.
100g Raw Hazelnut
65g Icing Sugar
50g Cocoa Powder
1tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil (or you can use Coconut Oil)
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1. Toast hazelnuts in a preheated oven 180’C for 5 minutes. Toss, toast another 5 minutes, watch closely don’t burn the nuts.
2. Put the toasted hazelnuts in a food processor/blender. Blend until liquify.
3. Add in the icing sugar and blend till it is will mixed.
4. Add in the cocoa powder and blend till it is well mixed. At this point, you might realise that the mixture is too thick to be blended. It’s okay to mix it with a spoon.
5. Add in the Oil, Vanilla Extract and salt and blend till smooth. (I got a little lazy and settled for mixing in these ingredients. I could still taste some bits of hazelnut, but I don’t mind it that way. If you’re particular about it, give it a nice blend before keeping.)
6. Cool mixture before closing the lid. The mixture tends to get a little warm due to all that blending.
Enjoy your homemade chocolatey goodness 🙂