CNY bakes. Baking hiatus cos…. travels and work. Adapted from makansutra.
My colleagues had some nice savory cookies from the Cookie Museum which costs a bomb for a tiny tub. I refused to give in to the temptation to buy them, so I made them myself.
Attmpt 1. I refuse to spend $40 on a bottle of cookies that I can make myself.
110g salted butter, softened
30g icing sugar
200g cake flour or top flour
2 to 3 tbsp nasi lemak chili, home-made or store bought.
30g Ikan Bilis/ikan bilis powder
1) Wash and pop the ikan bilis into the microwave oven for 2mins. They should come out crispy. Blend/grind them into find powder.
2) Cream butter and icing sugar together
3) Add in Nasi Lemak chili and ikan bilis powder and mix till smooth.
4) Fold in flour to yield a soft dough.
5) Preheat oven to 180C.
6) Scoop out a teaspoon of dough onto a baking sheet and top each cookie with ikan bilis and peanut
7) Bake for 20 to 25 minutes till crisp, and let it cool completely.