Leftover bananas from recent prayer offerings. Banana cake, here we go. I was missing an egg and it was already 10pm, so replaced an egg in the original recipe with 2 more bananas and an extra half teaspoon of baking powder. Colleagues were singing praises of this so I guess it went really well?
Recipe adapted from bbcgoodfood.
140g butter ,softened
100g caster sugar
1 large egg,beaten
140g self-raising flour
1.5 tsp baking powder
3 very ripe medium sized banana, mashed
50g chocolate chips
Handful of raw almond slices or pumpkin seeds.
1. Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
2. Slowly add the eggs with a little flour.
3. Fold in the remaining flour, baking powder, chocolate chips and bananas.
4. Pour into an oiled tin. Top it with nuts/banana or chocolate chips (optional)
5. Bake in a pre-heated oven at 160-180C for about 30 mins until a skewer comes out clean.