Because maple cravings…….
Adapted from 365daysofbakingandmore
1.5 cups cake flour
0.5 tablespoon baking powder
0.5 cup brown sugar
0.5 teaspoon salt
0.25 cup canola oil
0.25 cup maple syrup
3 egg yolks
slightly less than 1/2 cup cold water
0.5 teaspoon vanilla
A few drops of Maple flavour/extract
4 egg whites, room temperature
0.25 teaspoon cream of tartar
1. Preheat oven to 160ºc.
2. Line the bottom of a 6-inch tube pan with parchment or wax paper, and cut to fit.
3. Sift the flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt into a large bowl.
4. Pour into the same bowl, the oil, maple syrup, egg yolks, cold water, and vanilla and beat until smooth; set aside.
5. In a mixing bowl, beat the egg whites until foamy, and add the cream of tartar. Continue beating till stiff peaks
6. Blend 1/4 of the egg whites into the batter, then fold in the remaining egg whites.
7. Carefully pour the batter into the tube pan.
8. Bake for 50-60 minutes or until a cake stick comes out clean.
9. Invert the pan on a wire rack and allow to cool completely before removing from pan.