Found a way that made the perfect medium steak with the most gorgeous sear. So the story was, this steak was half off at my favourite grocery store, He Ma 盒马, this beautiful piece of steak was only SGD6. Plus the hubs was not coming home for dinner that night ( he doesn’t take beef or mutton ), so let the feast begin!
Recipe adapted from Lauren Greutman.
1. Dry your steack with some kitchen towel, season your steak with some salt, sugar and pepper. Leave it to sit in the refrigerator for about 20minutes or even overnight.
2. When you are ready to get started, heat a pan on high heat till it is smoking hot.
3. Add some butter/oil to the pan and drop your cold steak in. Add some garlic and rosemary if you’d like for added flavour.
4. Leave it on for 30 seconds and spoon some hot butter on top occasionally as it cooks.
5. Keep flipping and basting the steak each time leaving the steak for 30 seconds before turning it over again.
6. Continue to flip every 30s for about 8 to 9 minutes, if you’re looking to get a medium rare steak. If you want something more done, cook it longer.
7. Take the steak off the pan and let the steak rest for about 5-10 minutes.
Continue to prepare the sauce by adding some thickener or black pepper for flavour. You can do a baked potato and some coleslaw on the side too.